PHOTO PROBLEM

Photos MAY BE temporarily down due to photobucket probems!! SORRY

Monday, April 2, 2012

stacked tortilla with black beans

Photobucket

This was very good and fun to make. You make it in a spring-form pan and when it is down you remove the side and you have a nicely stacked tortilla.  I found this recipe here . I altered it a bit since I have to use corn tortilla's and not wheat. I also didn't use cheese.


Ingredients

  • 4 flour tortillas (10 inches) (I used 8 inch corn ones)
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 large onion, diced
  • 1 jalapeno chile, minced (remove seeds and ribs for less heat) (I just used some salsa instead)
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 12 ounces beer, or 1 1/2 cups water I used part GF beer and part water.
  • 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn
  • 4 scallions, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish (didn't have any)
  • 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (2 1/2 cups) (didn't use)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. With a paring knife, trim tortillas to fit a 9-inch springform pan. Use the bottom of the pan as a guide. Set aside.
  2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeno, garlic, and cumin; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
  3. Add beans and beer, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer until liquid has almost evaporated, 8 to 10 minutes.(I didn't use as much liquid and I did add a bit of salsa). Stir in corn and scallions, and remove from heat. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
  4. Fit a trimmed tortilla in bottom of springform pan (I used an 8 inch one); layer with 1/4 of the beans and 1/2 cup of cheese. Repeat three times, using 1 cup cheese on top layer. Bake until cheese melts, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove side of pan; sprinkle pie with scallions. To serve, slice into wedges.

I added picante sause on top and tomatoes and AVOCADOS. This was great!

No comments: