Friday, December 18, 2020

Cranberry almond coffee cake Gluten Free



This is nice--sort of a Christmas coffee cake. I found the recipe here https://www.cottercrunch.com/cranberry-sour-cream-almond-cake/#tasty-recipes-43171
 

I did cook mine 30 minutes , but even though the center was toothpick clean it would be better to cook longer as my center turned out a bit too moist. I like the slightly tart taste of the cranberries. I am going to list the ingredients, but you can go to the link to get full explanations.


INGREDIENTS

  • 3 eggs (room temp if possible)
  • 1/2 cup organic sour cream (light sour cream or greek yogurt is substitutable)
  • 1 ripe banana ( 6 or 7 inches is best)
  • 2 cups fine almond flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp kosher salt
  • pinch of cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup coconut sugar (may substitute some with brown sugar or maple syrup)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 1 cup cranberries plus extra for topping. See notes for substitutes
  • Powdered sugar or Swerve Sugar substitute for Sprinkling
She also has a topping for it and you can see it on the link.  Mine takes longer to cook since I use frozen cranberries and I like more of them. So for me about 35 minutes not covered at 350 F

4 comments:

nannykim said...

350 F cover with foil if cooking longer than 30 minutes. She says to line bottom of round pan with parchment paper. I used 9 inch round

nannykim said...

That is after cooking 30 minutes if you want to cook longer then at the 30 minute time you can then cover with foil but not until then

nannykim said...

I don’t need the parchment paper with my pan.

nannykim said...

35 min worked better with mine- maybe a bit more.