Friday, July 13, 2012

White Bean Burgers with spinach from Better Homes






This was nice for a change. We added barbecue sauce to it. I used gluten free bread crumbs and such for the bread.  The photo here is from the Better Homes and Gardens July 2012 issue.

1.I shredded the carrots and onion in my food processor and then added the beans (my can was a bit smaller),  1 cup bread crumbs, egg, a bit of oil, parsley, and salt and pepper (next time I may add some more seasonings--like garlic).

2.After blending then you are supposed to make 4 patties (It will be soft--I added enough crumbs to get it a bit thicker ). The Patties you are supposed to coat with bread crumbs and parsley (I used rice bread crumbs purchased from  whole foods, I believe).

3. In Large skillet add 2 Tbsp. oil over medium heat and cook patties about 4 to 5 minutes per site until browned and instant read thermometer reads 160. Serve patties and spinach on bread.

We just served it on lettuce with some other salads we were having. (3 bean salad and a rice veggie salad). We topped ours with BARBECUE SAUCE which is a nice addition.


No comments: