Sunday, September 5, 2010

Kim's Quinoa Super Salad from Quinoa recipe favorites



This was easy and very very tasty! I am loving the ingredients. I found this from a booklet that came with my quinoa and the Kim in the name is not I.I ADJUSTED MINE FOR LESS BUT I WILL PUT THE FULL RECIPE HERE. Tastes good warm too.

5 cups quinoa, cooked (I just used 3 cups for the two of us which is 1 cup uncooked)
1 cup carrots, chopped
3/4 cup parsley, minced
1 cup sunflower seeds
4 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup soy sauce (I used la choy for gluten free)
1/2 cup lemon juice (fresh)
tomates
black olives
(manderine orange might be good in this too, but I haven't tried it)

Cook quinoa; let cool. Add carrots, parsley, sunflower seeds and garlic to quinoa. Mix thoroughly. Combine liquids, pour over quinoa nd toss well. Garnish with tomato wedges and olives. Serves 6-8

1 comment:

CamelsNDragons said...

I would definately try the mandarin oranges and throw in some edamame or snap peas for green color. Just replace the olives and tomatoes. Yummy!