PHOTO PROBLEM

Photos MAY BE temporarily down due to photobucket probems!! SORRY

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Kim's Quinoa Super Salad from Quinoa recipe favorites



This was easy and very very tasty! I am loving the ingredients. I found this from a booklet that came with my quinoa and the Kim in the name is not I.I ADJUSTED MINE FOR LESS BUT I WILL PUT THE FULL RECIPE HERE. Tastes good warm too.

5 cups quinoa, cooked (I just used 3 cups for the two of us which is 1 cup uncooked)
1 cup carrots, chopped
3/4 cup parsley, minced
1 cup sunflower seeds
4 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup soy sauce (I used la choy for gluten free)
1/2 cup lemon juice (fresh)
tomates
black olives
(manderine orange might be good in this too, but I haven't tried it)

Cook quinoa; let cool. Add carrots, parsley, sunflower seeds and garlic to quinoa. Mix thoroughly. Combine liquids, pour over quinoa nd toss well. Garnish with tomato wedges and olives. Serves 6-8

1 comment:

Lesley said...

I would definately try the mandarin oranges and throw in some edamame or snap peas for green color. Just replace the olives and tomatoes. Yummy!