Friday, October 31, 2008

Mystery Book Chicken

I found this recipe in this 1982 book--I really enjoyed the flavor of the chicken. They called it James Redmond's Cooking School Chicken but since I found it in an old Mystery book, I like to call it Mystery Book Chicken.



You were supposed to use 4 whole chicken breasts --it said bone and skin--not sure if you were supposed to have it with those or remove it. I used skinless chicken breasts with the bone left in.
I changed it slightly.
4 Chicken breasts
Make a marinade of:
1 cup white wine ( I used Pinot Grigio)
1/2 cup soy sauce (I used 4 tablespoons low sodium gluten free soy sauce)
1 Tab. of brown sugar
ground ginger or grated gingerroot.
Place chicken in Ziplock bag. Mix the wine, soy sauce and sugar together and pour in the bag---shake it around to coat. Sprinkle ginger in. Marinate 6-8 hours shaking occasionally. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Since I used large breasts I had to cook about an hour (until internal temp gets 180 degrees)
I sprinkled the top of the chicken with ground ginger when I went to bake it. I baked uncovered for 20 minutes then added a cup of water and loosely covered it for the rest of the time.


No comments: