delicious--is what my hubby says!
These are made of white whole wheat flour, but you could probably use regular flour. My guys say they are good and tasty ;-) --I can't eat them because I am gluten free.
Preheat oven to 350--these make 12 and take about 20 minutes
- 4 large very ripe bananas mashed (or 5 small ones)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups plain all-purpose flour or white whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (bicarb)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- a sprinkling of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- blueberries if desired!
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mash bananas and add egg, sugar and butter, cinnamon, vanilla and mix well to combine and set aside.
- In another bowl add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and whisk well. You could add nuts here as well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until nearly all the flour has disappeared. BE careful not to over mix because muffins get tough if you do! Add blueberries if desired gently folding into batter.
- Pour into greased cupcake pans or paper lined pans and SPRINKLE with sugar if desired and bake for about 20 minutes. Test with a toothpick. Remove from pan and cool.