Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Curried Potato Salad

This is another recipe I found the basics for at : http://mymommymakesit.blogspot.com/
I changed it up a bit since I like to use less oil and no sour cream. I added a few of my own things --I will give both. I love this dish because it offers a different take on potato salad! I love the curry, golden raisins, the above mustard, etc!

Coarsely slice and boil until just tender 1 pound of red potatoes
Peel and coarsely chop
1 carrot
1 stick of celery (I didn't have an it was still good!)
2 firm sweet apples
1cup of green onions (I added a bit of purple onion/ I was short on the green used way less)
Dump all of the above items into a large bowl and add
2 TBSP of fresh lime juice
1/2 cup of golden raisins
1 cup of shelled peas


Salad Dressing
1/2 cup of sour cream or mayonaise (I omitted)
1 1/2 TBSP of dijon mustard (I used inglehoffer's original stone ground instead-to taste about 1 & 1/2)
2 TBSP of red wine vinegar
2 TBSP of fresh lime juice
1 1/2 tsp of salt (used less)
1 tsp of pepper (not sure if I used all of this since I ground mine)
1 TBSP of curry powder
2 TBSp of olive oil (I just used one)
Mix all of the above ingredients well

I added a bit of parsley (fresh) and chives

Garnish with
chopped egg It is good with or without these
chopped cilantro
chopped walnuts


Both recipes adapted from Silk Road A Vegetarian Journey by Najmieh Batmanglij

No comments: