Friday, December 6, 2013

almond honey cookies



This came out really well even though I forgot the egg! With the addition of the egg they will be LESS FLAT Once they cool they are fine and dandy  it is worth using an egg if you can eat them. This next photo is with the egg with no Baking soda and some additional raisins. When using raisins I decrease the honey a bit:

I could have used a bit less honey since these are nice and sweet.

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups Almond Flour (I used Bob's Almond meal/flour which has a slightly thicker texture than some others)

1/4 cup Butter, melted or softened

1/4 cup honey (I could have used a bit less since I like things on the less sweet side)

1 egg (OPTIONAL--I didn't use it)

1/2 t. vanilla extract (for those on SCD you have to use a kind without sugar)

1/4 t. salt

1/4 t. baking soda

OPTIONAL additions--raisins or Chocolate chips (if not on SCD).

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Mix ingredients and spoon out in small amounts. It will make 11 or 12, and as you see they spread when no egg is added.  IF you add an egg they won't be the FLAT way!  Cook about 11 minutes until nice and golden.

No comments: