Monday, February 13, 2012

Lemon roasted chicken and vegetables (brussels,potatoes,mushrooms)



I had this tonight and we loved the flavors! The lemon, garlic, rosemary etc--fabulous. I found a recipe here:
http://chimeraobscura.com/mi/yep-more-chicken/#more-4719 I liked part of the idea,
But I changed it up--I added some things and changed the way I cooked it.  I just roasted the whole thing in the oven for about 45 minutes-50 minutes at 375-400 (we went on a walk so I turned it to 375 for a while.

a pound or so of small red potatoes (or whatever amount you like)
fresh Brussels spouts
mushrooms (I used about 8 ounces but more would have been better
Boneless, skinless thighs (I used a package of about 8
fresh rosemary (I used about 2 sprigs about 3 inches each) (chop up the green part)
5-6 garlic cloves (I minced 2 , I sliced the rest)
1 lemon
4 tablespoons of olive oil, divided
a few pinches of red pepper flakes
black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix half the rosemary, half of the oil, squeeze the juice of the lemon, add salt and pepper, add 2 cloves of garlic minced.  Dip the chicken in this and place on roasting pan.

Surround the chicken with the brussel sprouts, mushrooms (I cut these up), and the red potatoes (if some are big slice these up). Sprinkle the remaining oil over the veggies. Sprinkle the remaining rosemary on the vegetables. Slice up the rest of the garlic and sprinkle over the veggies and the chicken. Slice the lemon which is left without the juice and place over the veggies and chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with some red pepper flakes.

Bake for 45 minutes to 55 minutes until done---some browning should occur. You can also cook at 375--takes a bit longer.

1 comment:

Bunny Jean said...

My husband and I like all those ingredients, especially the Brussels sprouts.

Looks like a good hearty meal... before or after a long walk ;)

xoxo Bunny Jean