Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Oatmeal/nut cookies Gluten Free/ Dairy Free/ Oil free except nuts and flax seed


These are great---especially because they are dairy/egg free and no fat except the walnuts and flax seed. My son gave me the recipe ;-) Note: you can buy guaranteed gluten free oats. Oats are gluten free unless contaminated at the plant.


1 cup soy milk
1 cup packed unrefined brown sugar (I just had the regular kind)
1/4 cup honey
egg substitute (1/4 cup hot water, 2-3 tab of ground flax seed--stir and leave for 10 minutes
stirring occasionally during that period)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 & 1/4 cup of flour (I used Bob's all purpose gluten free)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 tsp of vanilla (I FORGOT TO PUT THIS ON THIS BLOG)


Heat oven 325. Mix all together. Add nuts and mix more. Place on nonstick cookie sheet (I sprayed mine lightly). Bake 10-12 minutes---mix about 15 large cookies.
Note you can grind the flax seed with a coffee grinder.

easier one below:

3 ingredient easy oatmeal cookies!!https://www.pinterest.com/pin/209910032619842275/


1 comment:

Chip said...

Yup. I really hacked a high-fat non-vegan recipe and really liked these results.