Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Roasted Vegetables and chickpeas (better home)

I found this in Better Homes and Gardens. Nice for a different kind of dish. Prep 30 min. Roast 45 oven 425. (I don't think my prep took as long!)

1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 large red onion-Me--I want more next time (I used a regular onion), cut into 1 inch wedges (I cut smaller)
1 pound red or russet potatoes, cut into cubes (I did larger chunks)
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 16 oz can chickpeas (garbanzos) rinsed and drained
2-3 tab olive oil
1 tsp dried rosemary , crushed
1 tsp. brown sugar or granulated
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

1. Move oven rack to center of oven. Preheat 425. Place all vegetables, garlic, and chickpeas in large shallow roasting pan. In small bowl combine oil, rosemary, sugar, salt and pepper. Drizzle over vegetables; toss well to coat.
2. Roast , uncovered, about 45 minutes or until lightly browned and tender , stirring at least 2 times. Makes 8 side dish servings. (I cooked mine longer)

No comments: