Monday, January 20, 2014

kidney beans with eggs



 Ok, I know this looks and may sound weird, BUT I really love this. I had already cooked a bit of bacon in the pan for a chicken recipe. I wiped out the iron pan--but there was still a bit of the good ole flavor so I am not sure if it will be as good without the ole bacon ;-). But this hits the spot for me for breakfast and I will have it again soon.

Ingredients for one serving:

Bacon IS OPTIONAL Or use a bit of oil or pam-but bacon adds a nice flavor
1 egg
1/4 to 1/2 cup kidney beans (from a can or ones you have already cooked)
a bit of green bell pepper slided
a bit of yellow onion sliced
cumin and salt and pepper

I just had cooked some bacon for a chicken dish . I wiped my iron pan out, but there was probably a bit of the flavor left in the pan. Either way --place a bit of oil in the pan if you didn't use the bacon. Add the kidney beans, some green bell pepper, some onion and sprinkle it with cumin and salt and pepper. Cook till the veggies are getting tender. Add the egg and scramble it in and then chow down!

No comments: