PHOTO PROBLEM

Photos MAY BE temporarily down due to photobucket probems!! SORRY

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

chickpea potato fritters or pancakes

Photobucket

We really like these and had ketchup with them--yum. You definitely need a non-stick pan. I have a ceramic pan which is shown in this picture.  I found this recipe online and their fritters were a bit more formed--I may have put a hair too much liquid,, but they were marvelous.  I changed mine up a bit. This makes 4

1 can of chickpeas, drained
2 large potatoes (save cooking water)
1-2 rounded tablespoons of hummus (I used the red pepper, garlic hummus)
salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
few pinches of fresh parsley
olive oil

Cook the potatoes and save the liquid. In a food processor place the the chickpeas, adding some of the potato water to enable it to blend nicely. Add the rest of the ingredients to the processor. Blend till smooth--adding more of the potato water as needed---don't add too much or they will be harder to cook.

I just spread it out into the hot pan which had pam and about a teaspoon of  olive oil. I cooked it at the medium high temperature on the top of the  stove .  Then I turned it down a bit.  After one side browns, I separated the mass into four parts and flipped, returning the temp to the higher setting. After a few minutes,  I covered the pan, lowered the temp to about medium and continued the cooking until nice and brown. I flipped it another time too.  

No comments: