Thursday, September 9, 2010

Quinoa Salad with Grapes and Roasted Cashews



This was light and delightful...almost dessert like! I used the natural vinegar pictured below



3 tab raspberry vinegar
2 tab cooking sherry or mirin (I used the sherry--found near vinegars etc in Foodlion
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 teaspoons fresh dill weed (or 1 teaspoon dried dill)
1 stalk of celery sliced
1/2 cup (or more!) red seedless grapes, sliced in half (I left whole)
2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
1/3 cup roasted cashews (I actually left these out--good either way)

In one bowl, mix the ingredients in order except the cashews. Let sit at least 1 hour to chill. Add nuts before serving. Serves 3-4.

PS. Some brands of Quinoa have to be rinsed before cooking and others are prewashed so check the directions on the package!

ps. I found this from a booklet that came with the quinoa a while back

No comments: