PHOTO PROBLEM

Photos MAY BE temporarily down due to photobucket probems!! SORRY

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Quinoa Salad with Grapes and Roasted Cashews

Photobucket

This was light and delightful...almost dessert like! I used the natural vinegar pictured below

Photobucket

3 tab raspberry vinegar
2 tab cooking sherry or mirin (I used the sherry--found near vinegars etc in Foodlion
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 teaspoons fresh dill weed (or 1 teaspoon dried dill)
1 stalk of celery sliced
1/2 cup (or more!) red seedless grapes, sliced in half (I left whole)
2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
1/3 cup roasted cashews (I actually left these out--good either way)

In one bowl, mix the ingredients in order except the cashews. Let sit at least 1 hour to chill. Add nuts before serving. Serves 3-4.

PS. Some brands of Quinoa have to be rinsed before cooking and others are prewashed so check the directions on the package!

ps. I found this from a booklet that came with the quinoa a while back

No comments: