Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Holiday chickpea torte vegan




BELOW IS THE GRAVY



This is very tasty. Good for a holiday dinner or any dinner. It serves 6-8 and can be the main dish in place of turkey .The complete recipe and directions can be found


The only changes I made is I used a combo of walnuts and cashews instead of the pumpkin seeds in the batter and on the top I used sunflower seeds instead of the pumpkin seeds.




 

Here are the Ingredients--but go to the link for details:

1 & 1/2 cup diced apple smallish chunks (I peeled mine)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup dry white wine or water (me water)
1 & 1/2 cups diced onion
2 large cloves garlic roughly chopped
2 &1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning (she has a note if you don't have this)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt for saute
freshly ground black pepper
2 cans (15 ounces each) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
3 & 1/2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce, plus 1-2 tablespoons for topping
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (optional--I forgot!)
1 tablespoon tahini
1/2 tsp rounded salt (for puree)
2 &1/2 cups cooked brown rice
3/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds plus 2 tbsp for topping ( I  used a mix of cashews and walnuts and then sunflower seeds for topping)
1 cup rolled oats
2-3 tablespoons dried cranberries for topping (optional, but really adds flavor --I didn't put enough so added when serving.

Note: She used a 16 cup food processor which I don't have so I had to do mine in batches.  Here is the link to her vegan golden gravy: https://dreenaburton.com/easy-vegan-gravy/

No comments: