Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Whole Grain hummus w/veggie sandwich

This is one fantastic sandwich. Full of veggies and yummy. My daughter gave this recipe to me. I am thinking it is from her Parents mag but not sure! I used Rice bread -gluten free--toasted, but you can use whatever.




The inner filling:




Whole-grain Hummus Sandwich w/Veggies (guess you'd have to use your special bread)


1/2 cucumber sliced
1 Tbs kalamata olives, chopped
1/4 cup grated/shredded carrots
5-6 Tb hummus
4 slices whole-wheat bread (I used gf brown rice bread -toasted)
8 thin tomato slices
1 handful fresh sprouts, rinsed
1/2 cup arugula, romaine, or spring greens


1) Mix cucumber, olives, and carrots into hummus. 2) Spread hummus on bread and add tomato slices, sprouts, and lettuce. Makes 2 servings.


248 calories, 12g protein, 6g fat (1g saturated), 40g carbs, 8g fiber, 115mg calcium, 3mg iron, 395mg sodium

1 comment:

CamelsNDragons said...

Did you know your can sprout just about anything and use it in a sandwhich. Once the garden is done I can't wait to move my farm indoors and grow basil sprouts. That Mango bean salad would be great for our picnic this week. mymommymakesit