Wednesday, August 4, 2010

rice pudding (on the stove) dairy free

[

I say no to this one if you don't want to use sugar and want a fast recipe using left over rice go to this link here: https://nannykimsrecipes.blogspot.com/2019/08/stove-top-rice-pudding.html

THIS Is so CREAMY

I found this online. I like cooking it on the stovetop. I can blog, or read, or do cleaning while it is cooking so the time is no big deal to me! You could also have it cooking while you are cooking supper.

2 cups water
1 cup arborio rice (me--used jasamine and basmati mixed .I have aso used cooked brown rice)
1/4 teasp salt
3 c. Soy milk, or almond milk (or mix them)
cinnamon (I sprinkled it in)
1 cup sugar
1 TBSP vanilla or to taste (1 tsp is good for me, but do it as you like it)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a heavy non-stick pot that has a tight lid
add rice and the salt. Cover and lower the heat to to simmer.
cook 20 mins or until your rice is done. Some forms of the jasmine can take longer. If using brown rice cook 40 minutes)

next add 3 cups of what ever type of Milk you are using and the cinnamon. stir bring to a boil and then turn heat down to simmer.
simmer for 20 mins with the cover off.

at the end of the 20 mins stir really well.


simmer for another 20 mins with the cover off.

at the end of this 20 mins it should be getting thick it may need a little more time
Next add the sugar and more cinnamon if needed cinnamon.Mix well. it will look thin again that's okay..
simmer for another 10 or more mins..or until it looks thick enough. It will thicken up more as it cools down. Take off the heat and add the Vanilla

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Rice pudding! said the Poky Little Puppy.

nannykim said...

Oh , at first I thought you said porky little puppy!