PHOTO PROBLEM

Photos MAY BE temporarily down due to photobucket probems!! SORRY

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Black Bean Oatmeal Burgers



Ok--I know these look strange but with all of the fixings , they were good. This is another recipe found in Dr. Esselstyn's book. I like this with BQ sauce, tomato, sliced onions and lettuce and mustard.

2 cups black beans
1 14.5 ounce can tomatoes with zesty mild chilies (I partially drained this)
1 garlic clove, minced or 1 tsp garlic powder (I forgot)
1 tsp onion powder
2 green onions, chopped (I just used a bit of chopped regular onion)
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup cilantro or parsley (used parsley)
2 cups of old fashioned rolled oats

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Process carrots in food processor until very fine. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the oats. Blend well
3. Add the blended ingredients to the oats
4. Form into patties and place on baking sheet and bake for 8-9 minutes. (I used a 1/2 cup measuring cup and made 8 large patties by scooping and dumping onto pan)
5. You are supposed to turn patties over and broil for 2 more minutes. Mine were still too juicy so I didn't turn them ; I just placed them under the broiler for 2 minutes to brown the tops. Then I took them out and let them cool a little and they could be served easily.
6. Serve on buns with all the fixings--lettuce, tomato, onion, BQ sauce etc.

No comments: