Friday, October 22, 2010

Pumpkin pancakes (gluten free and regular)



I found this in a Celiac newsletter and it is so yummy I ate them without anything added on them. Here is their recipe and you can most likely use regular all purpose flour if you don't need to be gluten free. SINCE I USED BOB'S GF PANCAKE MIX I PUT CHANGES BELOW IN CAPS.

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup Jules Gluten Free all purpose flour (I used ONE and a Half cups of BOB'S GF PANCAKE MIX INSTEAD)
1 tsp. baking powder, gluten-free (OMITTED SINCE I USED PANCAKE MIX)
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 large egg or egg substitute (¼ cup mashed banana works well here)
2 Tbs. canola oil (I USED 1 TAB OF OLIVE OIL LIGHT WITH THE PANCAKE MIX)
1 Tbs. brown sugar, packed (OMITTED SINCE I USED ALMOND MILK WHICH IS SWEET)
1/2 cup puréed pumpkin
1 1/2 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy) (I ONLY USED 3/4 cup ALMOND MILK)
1/2 cup raisins, cranberries or chocolate chips (optional) (I just dotted EACH INDIVIDUAL PANCAKE WITH A FEW GOLDEN RAISINS AS IT WAS COOKING)
High heat cooking oil for the pan

Directions:

Sift the flour, baking powder and spices together and set aside. (i OMITTED SIFTING)

Whisk the egg, oil and brown sugar until mixed. Stir in the pumpkin, then add this wet mixture to the dry ingredients. Slowly add the milk while stirring until blended. Fold in berries if using.

Using an electric skillet or large skillet over medium-high heat, add enough high heat cooking oil to lightly coat the entire surface.

Carefully add spoonfuls of the batter to the hot oil, spreading the batter with the back of a spoon to thin it out. Decorate with berries or chips before flipping when the uncooked side begins to bubble and the cooking surface is golden brown.

Serve warm with maple syrup or confectioner's sugar.

3 comments:

Robin said...

oh Love at firt sight, I am SO trying this one today!!!

stacey.mendoza said...

yay this is awesome to know :) im going to try it too

nannykim said...

yup , I had them this week---love them.