Monday, November 25, 2013

spaghetti squash mushroom casserole with tuna or chicken if desired



Wow--do I LOVE THIS dish--soooooooooo yummy for me. I am experimenting for just myself --trying to go off all grains for a while. I loved this Spaghetti squash casserole.

I used some left over squash I had already cooked.

  For 2 servings:

Preheat oven at 350. Prep takes about 17 minutes and oven cooking takes about 15.

Spaghetti squash (I used about 2 cups of cooked squash) how to cook below
1 , 4 ounce package  of mixed mushrooms,
3/4 of a green bell pepper
1/8 to 1/4 cup chopped purple onion
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1/3 cup or so of Yogurt (Greek style)
Parmesan--as much or little as you like (I may have used 1/8-1/4 cup)
2 ounces of tuna or chicken

To cook squash. Do not peel or slice! Take the whole squash and prick it with a fork in 6 or 7 places around all sides. Place in the microwave and heat for 12-14 minutes until the skin is easily pricked.
Let cool for a while and then slice in 1/2 lengthwise removing seeds. Then just take a fork and run it along the inside of the squash---it turns like magic into spaghetti ;-).

Meanwhile sauté onions and peppers and mushrooms and garlic until they are soft and perhaps a bit brown if desired. (Takes 5-7 minutes more or less). Take 2 cups of the spaghetti squash and sauté for a few more minutes , mixing up the ingredients. (my squash was cold since I had some left over). Add the yogurt and Parmesan and if you like add a few ounces of either tuna or chicken.

Place in a shallow casserole at 350 for about 15 minutes until nice and hot. Serve with joy ;-)

No comments: