Monday, April 6, 2009

Rigatoni or ziti with creamy tomato sauce

This was so tasty inspite of my pictures being very bad!!! I always forget to take the pictures until we are almost done eating it all!! Then I scramble and don't take my time on the photo!!
Serves 4


12 ounces of rigatoni or ziti (I used gluten free)
a dash of olive oil
3 cups of chopped portebella mushrooms
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup of red wine
1 & 1/2 cups of light tomato sauce--we used Bertolli organic with olive oil, basil & garlic
1/4 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
1/3 to 1/2 cup extra firm tofu crumbled
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, plus more to garnish
2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast


Cook pasta according to directions on box.
While pasta cooking heat a small amount of oil in my iron skillet (1 tsp)--add mushrooms and salt and cook 3 minutes. Add wine and cook 3 more minutes.

Stir in tomato sauce, black pepper, tofu and basil heat and stir until well blended.


Pour sauce over individual servings of pasta. Serve immediately and garnish with more basil.

No comments: