Friday, September 18, 2009

Crockpot vegetables with pasta

Really liked this--found it in Fix it and forget it Lightly. (this recipe was by Donna Lantgen) We liked this soooooooooo MUCH that we had to make another batch the next day (today!)

2 cups chopped zucchini
1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 large red pepper chopped (she said 1/2 of one--I like more)
1/2 medium-sized onion sliced
1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced (I didn't have any in this picture--I ran out)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp of Italian seasoning (I just sprinkled some Mrs. Dash Italian)
8- oz can tomato sauce Note--we substitute a large jar of Paul Newman's Marinara


1. combine all in slow cooker
2. cook on low 6 hours or until vegetables are tender
3. serve on your favorite pasta (we used a rice Ziti)

1 comment:

Chip said...

Looks so tasty. My cuboards are almost bare, and I don't feel like going to the store on my gimpy ankle. *pity party*

I shall have to improvise.