Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Silk Road chickpea salad from mymommymakesit







I do love fresh dill on it!


This is a spicy and different salad using chickpeas from http://mymommymakesit.blogspot.com/
I like it. I love her recipes because they have cool flavors!

Here is what she says here or down below. And I quote:
"Simple Summer Salad for Parties, Potlucks and Picnics

Add to a large bowl
2 cups of cooked or canned chickpeas, drained
1 coarsely chopped tomato


Finely chop and add to a small bowl
1 jalepeno pepper
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 of a red onion ( I used less because mine was very big)
1 inch of fresh, peeled ginger root


Add to the small bowl
1TBSP of whole cumin seeds
The juice of 1 lime
1 TBSP of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste


Mix the "dressing" well and dump into the large bowl


Stir all the ingredients with a large spoon


Garnish with finely chopped mint, parsley, arugula, cilantro, basil, or dill


Serve and enjoy


Happy Forth of July! "

So visit her blog!

This is good served with bread and here is a nice oil free bread (this is with gluten)

 This recipe can be found here:

http://nannykimsrecipes.blogspot.com/2010/06/amazing-18-hour-whole-wheat-bread.html

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

I really love the way this salad sounds and looks. I also love dill as a flavoring or a garnish, so you had me as soon as I saw it in your photo. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

CamelsNDragons said...

Thank you visiting my blog and all the nice comments. I really appreciate you featuring my "recipe" too. Try an East Indian, ethnic, or natural food store for the whole mung beans. That Lemon Basil Ice sure looks tempting if only it would stop raining here. My tomatoes look stunted but the basil and dill are happy. mymommymakesit