Sunday, December 8, 2013

Cauliflower Pizza crust Pizza




This is a GREAT grain free way to make Pizza. My hubby loves it as well; you can't tell it is cauliflower. Below is a picture of the cauliflower ground up:


This was so delicious!!  This makes a 9 inch round one which made 4 servings--2 slices for me and 2 for my hubby.  However I will give links at the end of the post which may give larger ones. Or you could double everything and make 2.

Ingredients for crust:

Cauliflower (riced in a food processer) --I used enough to give approximately 2 cups riced--I didn't measure.
1 egg
1-2 Tab ground parmesan cheese (you can do more)
1 Tab shredded cheddar cheese (you could do more if you like)
garlic powder (just sprinkle the amount you desire
Italian seasoning (sprinkle the amount you want)
Salt (sprinkle the amount you want.

After processing the cauliflower spread it out on a sheet and pat it with a paper towel to absorb some of the water--you could also heat it a bit to dry it a bit.

Then mix all of the crust ingredients. Place it on a sheet that is lined with parchment paper. I formed mine into a ball and then flattened it out to about 1/4 inch thickness.  Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes until the bottom side is browned. Remove and carefully flip it over. I just took another piece of parchment placed on top and carefully flipped it holding top and bottom parchments--but it might be better to place a parchment paper and pan on top and then flip. I use AIRBAKED type cookie sheet--it cooks evenly and browns well.

Topping:

Pizza sauce or Spaghetti Sauce (I used some natural Spaghetti Sauce--thick kind)
Cooked mushrooms
raw purple onion
raw green bell pepper
sliced black olives
parmesan (I just sprinkled a bit)
cheddar cheese (sprinkled a bit)

I placed the sauce, and other ingredients on the crust and cooked for about 10 minutes or so until things were nice and hot (I had preheated the sauce before topping it on the crust).

Serve immediately ;-)


Some links to other Cauliflower Pizza recipes: This one is for a pineapple pizza: http://livingfullywithout.com/2013/03/17/pineapple-and-prosciutto-pizza-with-cauliflower-crust/    and then there is this one: http://foreverscd.blogspot.com/2012/09/cauliflower-pizza-dough.html

No comments: