Monday, August 23, 2010

Salmon Rice Salad from Lorriesrecipes



Salmon Rice Salad (nice for variety!--I like this served on lettuce) I found it at lorriesrecipes

http://lorriesrecipes.blogspot.com/

1 large salmon fillet (you could poach one or use canned salmon)(I used 7 oz canned)
1 cup cooked rice (I may have used more like 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups brown rice)
1 carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
2 teaspoons soy sauce (I used a gluten free one)
2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
1 Tablespoon mirin or cooking sherry
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil (I had wok oil)
also good with walnuts and or green olives stuffed with pimentos

lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste

That's it. Toss it lightly, taste and add more of whatever you think it needs. Chill and enjoy.

No comments: