Friday, November 19, 2010

Impossible sweet potato pie (gluten free)





I found this online and now I forget where! I like this--it is easy and tasty. This is my version

2 cups of sweet potato
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup agave nector (I think original recipe called for just 1 whole cup sugar)
1/4 cup buckwheat (this is GF)
1/4 cup brown rice flour
2 tab tapioca flour
1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 tab light olive oil
1 cup almond milk
1-2 tab bourbon
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs or equivalent (ie flaxseed in water)
2 tab maple syrup

Mix all together and pour without a crust into a slightly greased pie pan and bake 375 for 45 minutes. Lower to 350 and cook 5 to ten minutes or until knive inserted comes out clean. Will fall as cools. Cool overnight for best flavor or at least 4 hours in frig.

No comments: