Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cauliflower cannellini bean soup







I found this at the link below--it is a nice soup. She did it in a pressure cooker and you can go to her link to find out how to do it. I just put it in a pot and cooked it until done---about 25-30 minutes

Soup Ingredients:  http://www.savvyvegetarian.com/vegetarian-recipes/cauliflower-cannellini-bean-soup.php#

  • 1 1/2 cups cooked cannellini or Navy beans (1 can)
  • 4 c water or bean cooking liquid
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 unsalted vegetable bouillon cube (I used two of the Rapunzel brand)
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled, stemmed and minced (I used jarred --as I was out)
  • 2 cups chopped cauliflower (1 small head)
  • 2 stalks celery, trimmed and sliced thin
  • 2 small carrots, peeled and sliced thin
  • 1 tsp dried basil leaf
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaf
  • 1/2 cup unsalted crushed tomatoes OR 2 Tbsp tomato paste
  • Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
  • 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley or basil leaves
I just put everything in a pot except for the parsley. Cooked about 30 minutes or until veggies are done added 

parsley and served. Good with a little parmigiana too.

No comments: