Sunday, January 12, 2014

Grain Free Banana Blueberry muffins



 These are good. I added a bit of cinnamon to mine. I think they would also be good with just a bit of added unsweetened coconut --I may try this next time.


I found the recipe here http://comfybelly.com/2009/09/banana-blueberry-muffins/#.UtLv3vRFfEi

These made 12 muffins for me. I changed it slightly so go to her post if you want the original.

Banana Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients (makes about 8 muffins)

  • 1/4 cup of honey (or I have just used some water instead of honey)
  • 3 tablespoons of oil or butter, melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 very ripe bananas
  • 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 2 1/2 cups of almond flour
  • 1 cup of blueberries (or more; fresh or frozen)
  • a sprinkling of cinnamon
  • a bit of vanilla if desired
  • coconut (unsweetened kind) ARE really good in these.(even just 1/6 th of a cup)

Preparation

  1. Preheat oven to 310 degrees F.[YES--310 or about there!]
  2. Mix all the wet ingredients (except for the blueberries) together in a bowl until well blended.
  3. Now add dry ingredients and mix well again. Add coconut if using
  4. Add the blueberries and fold in.
  5. Add muffin liners to a muffin baking pan, and then add batter to each liner.
  6. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from a muffin. I wait until they are very brown on top.[I think she does this because they are so moist they might fall apart--I did not do mine Very brown as you can see in the photos.
  7. Cool and enjoy. I store these in the refrigerator, but you can store them outside for a few days, covered. They’re great toasted for a few minutes.

No comments: