Thursday, November 10, 2011

Corn Bread Pudding

This is easy and fast because it takes only a couple of ingredients. It is gluten free too. I found this on line. NOTE: it is sweet (I think I will try it with less sugar next time, but I still liked it)

Recipe submitted by Bizobiff, 11/08/07

Corn Pudding/Bread

Ingredients (use vegan versions):

1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup corn meal (I used a gluten free cornbread mix)
2 tablespoons margarine (I used olive oil)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put all the ingredients into a baking dish (I use a deep pie dish). Mix well.

2. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top begins to crack.

3. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.

This is halfway between a pudding and a bread. It's sweet and goes great with savory dishes and is especially awesome under hoppin' john and chili.

Serves: 8, Preparation time: 5 minutes
'


3 comments:

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

I'm going to try this cornbread pudding. I saw you had it on your other blog... could this be made in a crock pot you think? At first I thought that is what you cooked it in. I don't worry with gluten free personally, but could I use a regular box of cornbread mix? Also... am wondering what 'hoppin' John is.... off to google it!

have a great week.
Pat

nannykim said...

Pat,it was a bit sweet for me and I think next time I would use less sugar. But then it is nice if you like sweet stuff! I am used to cornbread stuff with hardly any sugar. I have not tried cooking it in the crock. I don't think it would brown in the crock and this is cooked in the oven---so you get a little crustiness on the outside and pudding like in the inside. It is not like cornbread.

Mary Bergfeld said...

I haven't made this for a while now. I really like the way your version sounds. I know my family will love it. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary