Thursday, May 28, 2009

Brussels Sprout Salad



I believe I found this in an old magazine from the 80's. It is a nice way to have a different salad! It called for 1/2 cup of oil (I just omitted it since we are trying to go more oil free) I used the baby brussels that come in a microwave bag--I cooked them for less time then called for--you want them lightly cooked.

1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 tsp honey Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcester sauce (I used a gluten free)
1/2 tsp salt (I didn't use this much--might have used a pinch or nothing)
1/2 tsp basil (I just used some fresh basil--about 2-3 leaves)
1/4 tsp crushed dried thyme (I used fresh--several sprigs)
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper.
1 and 1/4 cup small Brussels sprouts lightly cooked (I used the baby ones)
1 jar of pimentos (I just used 2 ounces).
1/3 cup green onions (I happened to omit , but it would be good)
Oil if desired--see note above

Mix and chill.

No comments: