Really like this a lot. I made a few additions to it. I think this comes from a new book called The Great Vegan Bean Book. Go here to read more and to see the original recipe-- I did a few changes http://healthyslowcooking.com/2013/05/09/indian-chickpea-yogurt-salad-from-the-great-vegan-bean-book/
Indian Chickpea Yogurt Salad
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas or 2 cans (15 ounces, or 425 g each), rinsed and drained
- 1 large potato, cooked and diced (peeled if not organic)
- 1 large cucumber, diced (peeled if waxed)
- ½ small onion, minced (optional) I used some green onions
- I like this with some golden raisins added
For the dressing:
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Juice of ½ lime (sometimes I use a bit more)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ to 1 ½ teaspoons cayenne or other spicy chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- Chopped cilantro, for serving OR I LIKE FRESH MINT
- I like to add a bit of honey
In a large bowl, combine the beans, potato, cucumber, and onion.
"To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. Add the dressing to the veggies and mix until thoroughly combined. Serve topped with cilantro "if desired.
"Substitute just about any cooked beans that you have in the fridge, though kidneys and chickpeas tend to keep their shape the best. Add shredded or chopped carrots, summer squash, or even a few spicy radish slices to make it a dish all your own."