Friday, March 6, 2009

Pasta Ratatouilli

This was FULL OF GREAT FLAVOR--the combo of the veggies and seasonings and sauce was great. [of course this bowl was almost empty when I remembered to snap a picture, so it does not do it justice!!!]



We had a mixed greens salad with strawberries and walnuts to go with it.


For the Ratatouille:


4-5 zucchini squash, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1/2 pound of portebella mushrooms, sliced/chopped
1 large bell pepper
oregano
1 rounded tablespoon of minced garlic
Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning
Balsamic vinegar
Olive oil
Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herbs Seasoning


Place veggies in a baking pan that has been lightly sprayed with olive oil. Sprinkle with all of the seasonings, a bit of balsamic vinegar, and some spritzes of olive oil. Cook at 400 degrees F. for about 30 minutes, stirring every ten minutes. Don't overcook--keep checking.


Cook the pasta---any kind.


Place the amount of pasta you desire in individual bowls and top with veggies, and some of the organic sauce (or whatever sauce you prefer). THE FLAVOR from THE SEASONED VEGGIES was great!!


3 comments:

Robin said...

yum-
and the salad looks delish too!

Deb said...

Looks great! I plan to try this tonight.
Deb

nannykim said...

Deb, I had it on the 6th...I was trying to decide what to have for supper--so when you mentioned this recipe I happened to have all the ingredients--I had more mushrooms than zuchini , but it worked well! (Plus , I used fresh basil and fresh oregano from my garden!)