PHOTO PROBLEM

Photos MAY BE temporarily down due to photobucket probems!! SORRY

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Cinnamon Bun Gluten free!!



Wow are these DELICIOUS!! IT has been ages since I have had a good GLUTEN FREE cinnamon bun!! YIPEEEEE!  I found the recipe here  http://urbanposer.blogspot.com/2012/04/best-almond-flour-cinnamon-rolls-paleo.html    The only thing I did differently was I used 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda instead of the 1/4 called for. I did use about1/2 teaspoon of salt.  I have had these fail if I put too much honey on them or maybe it was not chilling them enough? Either way they spread out too far, but it still was delicious--more like a torte

I am going to put the basic ingredients here--but go to her blog for the full directions. You need parchment paper when rolling out the dough and rolling it into a log. It is not hard when you follow the directions!



Ingredients:

For the biscuit rolls

3 cups'Honeyville' blanched almond flour  (I used Bob's red mill)
1/2 tsp salt (or just slightly under that amount)
1/4 tsp baking soda (I used1/2 tsp)
1/4 cup coconut oil/palm shortening, softened or liquid
2 Tbls honey
2 large room temp eggs (about 3.34 ounces/94 grams) (I just warmed them by placing in hot water a few minutes)

For the filling

1/4-1/2 cup honey (depending on how much sweetness you like)
1/2 cup ground pecans/walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
1- 2 Tbls ground cinnamon

Icing recipe and instructions is at the end of the post

Directions: preheat 340 degrees and cooks 10-15 minutes--now go here for the how to
- See more at: http://urbanposer.blogspot.com/2012/04/best-almond-flour-cinnamon-rolls-paleo.html#sthash.F3Ilnqja.dpuf

No comments: