This was wonderful. I found it in Better Home and Gardens April issue. They called it Spinach-pea risotto. this is creamy and excellent--you can substitute seasonal vegies--but this was great
Start to finish: 40 minutes
2 cloves of garlic, minced.
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup of Arborio rise (I used jasmine rice)
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
3 1/2 cups of chicken broth (or veg broth--I used chicken)
2 cups fresh spinach leaves (if the big kind, coarsely chop)
1 cup frozen baby peas
2 oz parmigiano-reggiano cheese, shredded
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 cup thin wedges fresh radishes
2 tsp. snipped fresh tarragon (I just used about 1/2 tsp of dried)
1. In a 3 quart saucepan cook garlic in hot oil over medium heat for 30 sec. Add the rice. Cook about 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently. (mine didn't get to the golden stage).
Remove from heat, add carrots.
2. Meanwhile , in a 1 1/2 qt saucepan bring broth to boiling, reduce heat and simmer.
3. Carefully stir in 1 cup of hot broth into rice mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until liquid is absorbed. Then add 1/2 cup broth at a time, stirring frequently until broth is absorbed before adding more broth ( about 22 min).
4. Stir in any remaining broth. Cook and stir just until rice is tender and creamy.
5. Stir in spinach , peas, shredded cheese, green onions, radishes, and tarragon; heat through. top with cheese shards if desired. Serve immediately.
makes 6 servings at 191 cal, 7 g fat (e sat. fat),