Monday, September 27, 2010

Cabbage/noodle poppy seed dish from mymommymakesit



Another yummy recipe from http://mymommymakesit.blogspot.com/ My hubby went back for seconds on this one. We served it with a lentil loaf , and some parsnips and sweet potatoes. We acutally had a cool day here in the 70's with rain!! a nice break. Mymommymakesit has a better picture--I didn't take the time for a good one! Here are her directions with my comments ;-).

Bring enough water to a boil and cook
1/2 a package of standard egg noodles until just done (I used GR fettuccini)

Drain and set aside in a bowl mixing in
1 TBSP of butter (I omitted)

Finely dice
1 small onion

Coarsely chop
4 small tart green apples (I used one large green apple)
1/2 a medium head of green cabbage

Saute your produce for ten minutes in
3 TBSP of butter (I omitted since I used my iron skillet -I let mine cook longer to get the cabbage tender--depends on how small you chop things)
1/2 cup of stock

Mix this in with your noodles

Add to taste
salt
pepper
poppyseeds

Serve into large bowls and garnish with
plenty of high quality sour cream (I omitted, but this would have been good!)
a pinch of paprika

No comments: