Monday, December 2, 2013

Sauteed Cabbage with black beans, fire roasted tomatoes



I was surprised at how much I love this dish--I was just using some things I had on hand. I love this for lunch--it only takes a few minutes.

Cabbage/ sliced/ as much as you desire
coconut oil
Organic fire roasted tomatoes (I used a can kind which the SCD diet does not always allow because of additives--see note below.
  black beans --2 cups cooked carrots
Chili, Cumin, Salt and pepper

Sautee the cabbage in coconut oil. Meanwhile heat the tomatoes , beans and carrots together adding a sprinkling of chili and cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Serve over the cabbage. NOTE: Question 15 here http://www.scdiet.org/7archives/scd002.html

 Quote:    
   15) Why are canned tomato products not allowed? If I buy organic stewed
tomatoes from the health food store, and there are no added
ingredients (and I write the company, if I need to), are they okay?

Answer:
If you write to the company and they say there is nothing added to the canned
tomatoes, use them. I know that tomato juice works great in most recipes
requiring tomato puree or canned tomatoes. If you cook them and freeze them
yourself, they are OK.


No comments: