Monday, January 21, 2019

Crockpot Pizza Potatoes from Mcdougall




This is great. Found: https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/recipes/mcdougall-recipes/?recipe-id=186&recipe-name=Crockpot-Pizza-Potatoes

It can be found in Dr. Mcdougall's newsletter here: https://www.drmcdougall.com/misc/2007nl/jan/recipes.htm  (it is down in the newletter)

I used 1/2 of the recipe for the 2 of us.  Here are the ingredients for the whole thing however: 

4 cups thinly sliced potatoes (use a Mandolin for best results)
2-3 cups of pizza toppings (such as:
     sliced onion
     sliced mushrooms
     sliced bell peppers (I had a yellow one)
     sliced tomatoes
     sliced water-packed artichoke hearts (I omitted)
     sliced black olives (Or any kind you want)
     fresh spinach (I chopped it in thin slices using my sissors)
2 15 ounce cans fat-free pizza sauce or Marinara sauce (I used pizza sauce)
¼ cup water 

Mix the water into the sauce and set aside.

Place 2 cups of the potatoes in the bottom of the crockpot.  Layer all of the toppings that you choose to include over the potatoes.  Cover with half of the sauce.  Layer on the remaining 2 cups of potatoes and finish with the sauce.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 
hours.NOTE: I did mine 4 and 1/2 hours on low plus 2 and 1/2 on high--so if doing the recipe on all low I would plan for 9 or 10 hours, but it may depend on the crockpot

Half of the amount above made enough for the 2 of us (we had seconds). The entire thing should make enough for 4 adults or 5. 

No comments: