Saturday, October 13, 2018

Grain free Apple Spice Coffee Cake

This is quite yummy.  It was a bit too sweet for me; I would like to cut back on the honey, but I am not sure how it would affect the consistency.  Maybe I could replace some of the honey with unsweetened applesauce?  I did not add the topping, which would have added more sweetness ;-).  It is good , however.  I used about 3 good sized apples. I used a 9 inch round pan. I also would like less of the cinnamon that goes in the swirl.

The recipe can be found at https://againstallgrain.com/2011/12/10/gluten-free-grain-free-apple-spice-coffe-cake/

1 comment:

nannykim said...

I did use these ingredients but would use less honey and then for the swirl less cinnamon. This is what was called for:


INGREDIENTS:
For the cake

2-1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup honey, liquified (I would use less/sub applesauce?)
3 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 pound gala apples (peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the cinnamon swirl

1 tablespoon cinnamon (I would use less!)
1-1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons honey