Friday, November 21, 2014

Pumpkin creamed pasta




I so love this dish. It is very creamy and tasty. I only added some fresh basil and garden peas to the recipe. It only takes minutes. Go here for the original and for added recipes!:  http://delishknowledge.com/pumpkin-fettuccini/    Great with ziti too.


  • 1 lb. fettuccine pasta/ I used Gluten free regular rice noodles by Tinkyada
  • 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for at least 1 hour
  • 2 tbsp. lemon juice
  • 1 cup non-dairy milk, I used soy milk
  • 1 tsp. dried sage
  • ¼ tsp. fresh ground nutmeg
  • ½ cup canned pumpkin
  • (I added some fresh basil and frozen Baby garden peas after mixing the sauce into the noodles.

  1. Bring a lot pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and cook until the way you like them
  2. In a high powered blender or food processor, combine the cashews, lemon juice, non-dairy milk and blend until smooth, about 3 minutes.
  3. Add in the dried sage, fresh ground nutmeg and canned pumpkin. Blend for another minute, until combined.
  4. JUST before serving, add the sauce to the noodles. Then add fresh basil and frozen garden peas if desired---I use the baby peas and they thaw out as you mix them into the noodles.

There is this other recipe here below that I have not tried, but I want to put it here encase I would like to:

INGREDIENTS says for 4

  • 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight then drained
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 sprigs of fresh sage
  • 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
  • 4 servings pasta of choice

No comments: