Saturday, December 14, 2013

Spaghetti Squash with butternut squash


What can I say?? I am LOVING spaghetti squash for pasta dishes. I always microwave the spaghetti squash ahead of time pricking it with a fork all over and nuking it 7 minutes then turning it and nuking another 7 minutes. BUT I made the mistake of pricking it this time with a knife in just a few places and the result was a big explosion! Still edible though~
 
 
Anyways!! I love this-- just use
Butternut squash
Onion
garlic
  olives
parmesan cheese
spaghetti squash
spaghetti sauce
basil or basil pesto

Cook your spaghetti squash. While cooking the spaghetti squash sautee the onion, garlic and small pieces of the butternut in a pan. When these are done to your liking--5-8 minutes add your spaghetti squash noodles. Then add the amount of spaghetti sauce you want. Serve in a bowl adding pesto, olives and a bit of parmesan if you like.

No comments: