Tuesday, May 8, 2012

outback style baked potatoes



I love Outback baked potatoes!! So here is  a recipe that mimics their potato. --a very nice salty crusty skin and fluffy on the inside.

Large baking potato (as many as you want)
butter (I may try some oil next time)
Sea salt (the large crystal kind)

Preheat oven to 425 F. Clean potatoes. Prick with fork. Rub with butter and sprinkle with the special salt. Cook for about 1 hour (I placed mine on a foil lined air bake sheet) depending on the sizes of your potato (one of mine was done at 50 minutes and the other at 60 minutes. I had to go out so when they were done I reduced the heat to 175 or so degrees and left them there.

 I like Outback's honey mustard sauce on my potatoes which comes with one of their chicken dishes. I had some Ann's (not sure how this is spelled with or without an E!) salad dressing that was a honey mustard and I used that---but you can serve it any way you desire!!!

No comments: