Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Fettuccine no fredo with broccoli and mushrooms

An excellent dairy free fettuccine recipe we had tonight I found here: http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2006/04/fettuccine-no-fredo-with-broccoli-and.html

I forgot to take a picture of it , but there is a picture at her site. We all loved this and it had a very nice flavor. I need to stalk up on nutritional yeast (which I can only get online or 2 hours from my home!!--it really adds a nutty cheesy dairy free flavor and low fat! dish). I made mine with gluten free noodles and the rest of the gang had the regular noodles.

This only took about 20 minutes to make--if you start your water heating as you do everything. A wonderful healthy dish with cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, and lots of seasonings!

(We came back from a refreshing winter walk , looking at the Christmas lights and had a nice quiet candle lit dinner with soft piano Christmas music playing in the background. This meal was great with a glass of good wine.

Note: One time I didn't have mushrooms and I substituted zucchini squash--I added some Mrs. Dash Italian seasoning and it was fantastic. you only need a small head of cauliflower in this recipe.

No comments: