PHOTO PROBLEM

Photos MAY BE temporarily down due to photobucket probems!! SORRY

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Fettuccine no fredo with broccoli and mushrooms

An excellent dairy free fettuccine recipe we had tonight I found here: http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2006/04/fettuccine-no-fredo-with-broccoli-and.html

I forgot to take a picture of it , but there is a picture at her site. We all loved this and it had a very nice flavor. I need to stalk up on nutritional yeast (which I can only get online or 2 hours from my home!!--it really adds a nutty cheesy dairy free flavor and low fat! dish). I made mine with gluten free noodles and the rest of the gang had the regular noodles.

This only took about 20 minutes to make--if you start your water heating as you do everything. A wonderful healthy dish with cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, and lots of seasonings!

(We came back from a refreshing winter walk , looking at the Christmas lights and had a nice quiet candle lit dinner with soft piano Christmas music playing in the background. This meal was great with a glass of good wine.

Note: One time I didn't have mushrooms and I substituted zucchini squash--I added some Mrs. Dash Italian seasoning and it was fantastic. you only need a small head of cauliflower in this recipe.

No comments: